Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolutions

As I sit here sipping on my much needed cup of coffee, a headache lurking just waiting to come out, trying to recoup after a night of way too many strawberry Margarita's....I'm thinking of any New Year Resolutions that I may have. To be honest though...I can't think of any. Oh sure I could say the whole weightloss, get fit because my 20th Class Reunion is around the corner thing, but why? Been there, done that!! Eh, I think as I get older....OMG did I say my 20th class reunion?? WTH? Where did the time go, didn't I just graduate? Okay...okay...breathe...I'm not that old...nope I'm young, my kids are graduating this year and I'm only going to be 38. Yes, I have more gray hair than I care to have, but I've earned every single one of them, besides it's nothing that a trip to the salon can't cure :)

Now that I'm no longer hyperventilating and my heart rate is back to normal, where was I? Oh yes, I think that as I get older the little stuff doesn't matter as much as it used to. The only thing I want to do is enjoy my life. To enjoy the rest of the year that my kids are home before leaving for college, to take in every smile, laugh, argument, hug, and everything else that comes with having kids....just to take it all in and file it away in the vault in my mind that's filled with various memories of the past.

My New Year Resolution....well it's going to be that I will enjoy life, make every moment count, and I'm not going to let those little bumps in the road get me down because I know that right around the corner there is something wonderful just waiting for me!


~Cheers to all for a prosperous, healthy and happy New Year!

No comments: