Sunday, January 4, 2009

Finished!



The necklace is made with fancy cut Garnets and faceted Labradorite. The reason that I made this is because while we were at the FaerieWorlds Festival this summer, my best friend saw a necklace similar to this, it was beautiful and she fell in love with it. She wanted it so badly, but refused to buy it out of guilt or something because I make jewelry. Though I told her over and over again to purchase it, that I would never make something like that (I didn't have the stones on hand, and the style isn't something that I do or make)...she still wouldn't budge. So out of my love for her, for her friendship and obvious loyalty I decided a couple of months ago that I would try to make something similar to the necklace that she fell in love with. I really struggled with my memory of it....it's not what it used to be that's for sure, but I think it's close and I hope she likes it.

This will be one of her Yule/Christmas gifts along with a matching pair of earrings. We're meeting tonight to enjoy some coffee and other such goodies. With the holiday's being so hectic we didn't have time to get together. Her basket is going to be packed full...I can't wait :)

4 comments:

Beadin By The Sea said...

What a gorgeous necklace. I'm sure your friend is going to be thrilled with her gift. She is very blessed to have you for a friend, Shi.

SHI said...

Aww Debora...thank you for your kind words, but honestly I'm blessed to have her as a friend :)

Celestite said...

This is stunning.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I came over to see who you are and have really enjoyed looking at your creations.

SHI said...

Celestite, thank you so much for the lovely compliments!