Sunday, January 11, 2009

Faithful Companions and Familiars


So sweet and peaceful while she sleeps in the chair next to me while I'm at the computer. If you've read any of my previous posts about my animals you'll know that this little cat is a firecracker! She dominates the home and often chases the other cats and 2 Danes out of a room. Though her name is Nanni we lovingly call her Psycho-kitty. She really is my cat...or probably more correctly I am her human. She's been with us for over 5 years and she is the most wild out of the 2 Bengals we own. I love that trait in her and at times it can be incredibly annoying and painful if you happen to be on the receiving end of her claws. She follows me everywhere, and she even lays outside of the bathroom door as I shower. When I've left a room and if she can't find me, she searches for me with the loudest most haunting and an almost desperate yowl, but as soon as I say her name her normal kitty meow returns as she happily follows my voice.

I should take a picture some time during ritual, she almost demands to be involved! She walks the circle with me, then either lays at my feet or at the altar. She even walks outside with me as I offer the libation and she hates going outside....but she kind of cheats...she hides under my dress...but she's there none the less.

My Great Dane, Raven, unlike Nanni could care less about the rituals, other than wanting to know what kind of incense is being burned. She is my bed hog, and my couch potato sidekick. She always has to be touching me in way or another. She doesn't follow me around, but she sure watches what I do. I often wonder what kind of thoughts go through their heads throughout the day. My other Great Dane, Kula, and two other cats, Nala and Luna are content with just hanging out. They don't take much interest in anything other than a good rub around the ears and back ....that seems to be enough for them.

I'm not sure what my life would be like without these furry creatures, probably a little less hectic at times, but I'm pretty sure it would be pretty lonely. It's a comfort to me knowing that I have these loving animals to come home to every day.

No comments: