Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fusing - Take Two

Okay so today was much more successful than yesterday. I'm still having troubles with fusing larger sized rings not gauge but actual size. I've posted some pictures here to show you the results.
I've got my rings laid out on my ceramic tile ready to be fused.

The results after fusing 4 different sized rings, the larger ring on the far left did not fuse.

After hammering them for texture, I put them in my tumbler and here's the result:

I just made a few more so when I'm done here I will actually hammer them flat to be used in necklaces and earrings. I really am pleased at how they turned out and I can't wait to see what fun things I can create using this technique!

2 comments:

Beadin By The Sea said...

Those are beautiful Shi. I love the way fine silver shines with more brilliance than sterling. I made a pair of earrings with fused rings that I'll be listing tomorrow. Have fun, I glad you had more success today!

SHI said...

Thanks Debora! I can't wait to see your earrings :)