Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sunset and Storms


I just wanted to share this view of the sunset from my back deck. Though I'm not happy that the previous owners of the house below us removed the majority of the old growth to build their home, it did give us a wonderful view of the Lewis and Clark Bridge that spans the Columbia River. I've always loved the lights of Longview at night.

Below are some pictures that I took of the lightening storm from a month ago. The larger bolt of lightening was taken right off of my back deck...it was soooo close. Needless to say I went into the house after that one! It really was the coolest lightening and thunderstorm that I've ever seen, it consumed the sky above. I think out of the few hours that it went on, I only saw 3 strikes to the ground or from the ground...however that works.




No comments: