Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Early Morning Wake Up Call


So after a couple of late nights I was really looking forward to sleeping in this morning...but no...it wasn't meant to be. At first I thought I was waking up with a pounding headache...nope, that's not it. Then I thought someone was using a jackhammer on my house! Again I was wrong (it's early and it took awhile for memories of the previous years to come back).

This noisy little guy is back...he brought his friend too! My bedroom is on the second floor of my house and for a fire escape the previous owners had put up a collapsible aluminum ladder right below my window. Well I think this little woodpecker is a bit confused...he doesn't peck on the house...no he pecks on my ladder. Not only that but his friend pecks on my downspout! It's almost as if it's a competition of sorts. The woodpecker on the downspout drills a bit and the one on my ladder answers right back with the same amount of pecks...oh and yes I counted!!

As usual this will become humorous as I listen to them pound away on the various aluminum fixtures that they find. It'll shortly become a melody that I can sleep through...but today I would've loved to have that extra bit of sleep!

You know...come to think of it, I don't recall the woodpeckers ever pounding on my house during the work week when I have to be up early. Hmm....nooo...they couldn't be doing that on purpose.......could they??? LOL

No comments: