Sunday, October 19, 2008

Surviving Homecoming


It was the boys last Homecoming Dance...and though hectic we survived :) It was an Asian themed dance and I wish I had pictures of the coronation from the Homecoming football game, I wasn't able to attend because we were working on the archway for the dance. We made the archway out of bamboo, then after a bunch of failed attempts to create a peak at the top we decided to leave it flat and added paper latterns using candles that were battery operated to illuminate them.


Chris was a Prince on prom court again, and I think for the first time it kind of bugged Brandon that he wasn't. As a parent of twins it's really hard to be excited for one and really bummed for the other. I know that there will be many times in their lives that one will achieve or receive something that the other can't or won't be able to get, but it still doesn't stop my heart from hurting. I guess that's just part of being a mom huh?
Well that pretty much was my weekend in a nutshell! I can remember the days of no responsibility, being able to come and go when I choose, and partying until the sun came up...those were the days. Though I reminisce fondly about those days...I wouldn't change a thing. Plus I don't think I could party til the sun comes up anymore....my body just can't take that kind of abuse anymore!

No comments: