Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kids and College


I think my boys have found a college that they want to attend. It's Pacific University...a private college. The picture above is of Marsh Hall...one of the residence halls ( I believe). It's only an hour away so I think that I can live with that :) It's a scary thought what this house will be like when they leave...even though they say they'll be home every weekend. We're going to make an appointment to visit the campus and talk with the baseball coach. With it being private...the campus is smaller and the student/professor ratio is much more conducive to learning. I've heard nothing but positive things about this school so I am excited to see what they have to offer.


The boys have finally come up with a back up plan to baseball. Chris will be majoring in Sports Therapy and minoring in History. Brandon wants to be a Speech Pathologist, and I'm not sure what courses are needed for that.


All of this is new to me, I didn't attend college, my parents didn't have the money and I really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I didn't take college courses until I was an adult, and those were very specific. I took courses through Gemological Institute of America and some health classes through PSU. So really nothing close to the extent of schooling the boys will receive...and I didn't have the drive that they do. I'm so very proud of them and I hope that they enjoy campus life....and the experience of college. I also hope my pocketbook will survive it...eek!

No comments: