Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Items


I've added a few new items to my Etsy store, another pair of Abi Anklets, this time with little fish charms...so cute, another set of Meditation/Prayer beads and an Angelic Realm Pendulum.

I've been debating on opening a second Etsy shop to destash my ever growing collection of stones and pearls. I also wanted to sell another product in there, but have found that if I do I may lose any rights or be denied for a patent. Actually I've just recently left a message for a patent attorney to find out if it's something that can be patented. Without revealing too much information, my product is made using 2 patented items, but the use and combination of the 2 is unique. Because it's made with patented items I don't know if I can actually patent it or not. I don't think it falls under something that I can copyright, but then again I'm unsure. I'll wait to see what he says then go from there. I have to say that I'm amazed at the cost to patent an item (attorney fees and patent/filing fees). It's sad to think that if a self employed artist or small mom and pops business can't afford to pay the cost to patent and decides to sell their idea anyways, that a larger company can steal that idea...patent it for themselves and make thousands or maybe millions of dollars...off of a creation that wasn't theirs to begin with. I'm hoping for a really positive response from the attorney...or at least a direction to point me in, so that the above scenerio doesn't happen to me, not that my idea/item would make millions....but I can definately dream!

On a side note I've agreed to have my pendulum's reviewed by New Witch magazine. I'm excited to have that extra advertising nudge. It's a quarterly magazine...we'll see if my review makes the next edition. It'll be a few more months before the next edition comes out though, so I'll let you know how it goes.








No comments: