Saturday, February 16, 2008

A little whimsical...

is just what I needed to make. I wanted to make something fun, something that was feminine. I've had these large Amazonite stones and hadn't really known what to make with them, they're large so earrings were out, so this is what I came up with. The Amazonite is paired with two rectangular Smithsonite stones and two Peruvian Opals. Each stone was chosen to compliment the Amazonite's natural inclusions and colors. I made each link using Sterling Silver wire that I've hammered for a brushed finish.

I have two more large Amazonite stones, one I think I'll keep for myself and the other is a little different than the one featured in the bracelet here. It' has these rich caramels and reds in it, that matches some Mookaite stones that I have. I'll have to play with it tomorrow and see what I can create.

No comments: