Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's about time....


to post again. I wanted to let my friends new venture on Cafe Press to be the headline for awhile. I've listed a few new items in my Etsy shop, earrings and meditation/prayer beads. The pictures of my newest items are scattered through out this post. Feel free to click on the pictures, it'll take you to the listing on Etsy.

A new item that I'll be listing is affectionately called Abi's Safety Anklets, named after my niece Abi. They are made of sterling silver with fine silver bells. I've made them adjustable so you can widen them as your baby grows. They're a bangle style instead of a link chain. I made a pair for a baby shower this last weekend and they went over really well. I'll probably start listing them later this week. I'll post pictures when I do.

I received an email for the ad in the catalog that will be coming out this spring, made some changes, then made the final approval. I think the only thing I'm not really happy with is my logo, didn't even realize that it was kinda funkified until it was too late, ohh well, I'm still satisfied with its entirety. I can't believe that I've been on Etsy for 5 months now, amazing how time flies when you're having fun!! I've joined a street team, and they are a group of wonderful people. A few of us are actually meeting up at FaerieWorlds in Eugene this year! I'm so thankful I decided not to sell on Ebay anymore, the fees have recently sky rocketed. I can't imagine trying to make a living selling there now. Especially after experiencing the family atmosphere that Etsy offers.

Baseball season is quickly approaching, and I've been busy with my boys trying to get all the equipment they want ordered. Just a note to parents who want to get their kids into baseball...it's EXPENSIVE!! For bats alone you're looking at $250-$300 per bat and I have to buy 2. One of my kids is a catcher so there's another $300 on a new hockey mask helmet and gear. Then you have the cleats, mits, batting gloves, undergarments, and of course their uniforms, then lets not forget the fees to play. With all of the leagues and tournaments it easily reaches $2000 a season. Aye!! BUT...they love it, and I mean really love it, and I love watching them. I don't like all the drama that goes along with small town sports, but just seeing their faces when they've made that catch, or a hit that wins the game or even that out at home plate, their expression of achievement makes it all worth it. I'm even proud of them when the game doesn't go the way they want, because they never give up, they never say it can't happen and at the end of that lost game they pat eachother on the back. As you can tell I'm proud of my kids, I'm proud of their grades (one's a 4.0 and the other is a 3.75) , the way they treat others, and I look forward to what the future brings for them.

No comments: