Friday, October 19, 2007

Still feeling...

like death warmed over...but I actually got alittle creative today. I made a pendant to match the Lepidocrosite in Quartz earrings and I've made some hoop earrings which I've named Sacred Circle Goddess, I love them, but I think I'm going to hammer the hoops. I really like the look of hammered silver, it just adds a bit of character.

Well the pendants that I sent off were not what they were looking for...they wanted actual stones that they could add their vintage style to...unfortunately I don't do vintage and I only have finished pieces done in precious metals. I don't know why I don't work with copper or brass, and I'm not sure if I ever will. The finished pieces with those other metals look nice, just not my style. The wierd thing is about 5 years ago, I wouldn't wear sterling silver...let alone plated or any other metal, I would only wear gold and it had to be at least 14kt. It also needed to be a nice piece with diamonds or just the gold alone...nothing else....sheesh. Now I have all of this gold, and I don't wear a bit of it...other than some white gold hoops my mom bought for me a few years ago. Hey now that I'm thinking about it, I think those hoops were the last gifted jewelry that I've received since I've been making jewelry....hey...that just ain't right! I'm gonna have to do something about that...hehe....nah

There is a plus side to making your own jewelry....any outfit I get all I have to do is make something to go with it. If I see a celebrity on tv or someone around town wearing some earrings, necklace, or a bracelet...then I go home and try to make something similar. And here's the funny part...like if I buy a jewerly magazine, or bead magazine....I'll say,"Oh, I'm going to make that!", but when I actually sit down to do it...some other creation always comes out of it. I don't know if it's something within me that won't let me make an identical piece or if it's the stones themselves....oooooo....I like the thought of the stones deciding where they want to go.

Well I've blabbed enough for the night...I'm off to OD on some Nyquil and disappearing into dreamland!

No comments: