Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fall Cleaning....


I'm not like others who tend to tackle their household cleaning in the spring...my cleaning clock hits right before fall for some reason. So that's what I've been doing all day...woohoo..fun :) I've been cleaning out my closets, getting rid of everything that I haven't used or looked at in years...holy hannah I didn't realize I had so much stuff.

I also have an ulterior motive for starting this cleaning jaunt, I want to create space for my work studio. I have a huge unfinished part of my daylight basement that has been used as a catchall since we've moved here...well no more! All of the walls are framed and ready for insulation, the floor is concrete, there are 2 large windows (one on the north side and the other on the south side) to allow a lot of light, and a door to the back yard. It's very rustic feeling. Soo...I was thinking that I probably won't change it much. I may stain the concrete, hang some sheer curtains, lay down some large area rugs with large pillows (just a little relaxing area where I can plop down and read if I'd like). I'll probably hang some prints and various other objects that I've purchased from fellow Etsians. I also want designated areas, on for beads, metal, photography, shipping, and storage. It's about 600 sq.ft. so I should have enough space for all the things that I want to do. Just the thought of having a designated area to create is so exciting!!

Well I'm off to draw up the layout...I'll be sure to take a picture of my plans, then a before and after of the area for you :)

No comments: