Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wire Wrapping


I've been trying my hand at making Tree of Life pendants after seeing one while browsing the internet . After making my first one I realized that one of my Etsy street team members also makes and sells them, so out of respect for her I won't be offering mine for sale in my store. I've made a couple without stone chips which is what's most commonly seen. I've never really cared for them, I'm not sure if it's because of the chips, but I really just like the organic look of the wire alone.


Last night I made a few sterling silver frames for the pendants, a tear drop, square and a rectangular one. Tonight I wanted to work with the tear drop frame and decided to add stones. I don't have any chips other than turquoise...so I used some of my small faceted Hessonite and Rhodolite Garnet rondelles. I'm really pleased with the results and I think I'll have a hard time parting with this one. I know I've said that before, but everything about this pendant screams, "Keep Me!!" LOL


After I've made a few more I may list them here on my blog for purchase. So stay tuned!

No comments: