Sunday, June 15, 2008

Not just any ring


I make wire wrapped rings....but I wanted to learn how to make the prong style...and had no clue how to go about it. Well one night while browsing through Etsy...I stumbled upon MyWiredImagination. A wonderful artist who's wire wrapped jewelry is impeccable... and sells prong ring tutorials and kits. These kits come with everything you need including the stone, she also has upgrades available if you fancy a different size, color or type of stone. I awaited anxiously for my kit to arrive (I received the tutorial by pdf format in an email and the supplies were sent to me). Well I received my supplies yesterday...and decided I would make my ring this morning. The picture above is the result!!! I just love how it turned out...her tutorial is awesome and very easy to follow. The lavender stone is large and gorgeous! I couldn't be happier with the results and I'm so very thankful for sellers like her who don't mind sharing their wire wrapping designs!
Thank you Bobbi....I enjoyed everything about the step by step tutorial, the pictures you included and will cherish my ring for many years to come!

3 comments:

Corra said...

This is a beautiful ring, SHI, you done well. I am sure Bobbi will be so proud of you, and herself. :)

Beadin By The Sea said...

Hi Shi, you did such a beautiful job on your first try! I'm sure all your wire-wrapping experience had something to do with it!

BobbiWired said...

Hi Shi - You did an absolutely beautiful job, and I'm so flattered by your post - as an artist and teacher, there is no higher praise....

Thank you - Thank you!!
~Bobbi